Jobs Near Me
The salary for this position will be £30,000 to £32,000 per annum.
Hours of Work
The hours of work for this position will be 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:00.
Pro rata -28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
Founded in 1994, Fitness Superstore is a successful retail and distribution business selling through 12 stores, telephone and website – with an annual turnover of over £30m. Fitness Superstore is a destination store business where customers travel to see and try a huge range of fitness equipment in impressive showrooms, which are the largest in the UK. As an industry leading specialist, and the UK’s No. 1 Fitness and Gym Equipment Supplier pride themselves on providing an outstanding customer service experience to every customer.
Due to their continued growth and success, Fitness Superstore are now looking for a Transport & Facilities Manager to be based at their Head Office & Distribution Centre in Northampton.
This role is to manage and oversee the following:
* Maintenance, compliance and repairs of our Vehicle Fleet (7x vans, 2x 7.5t trucks. 7x Company cars)
* Working with Software such as Fleetcheck, Maxoptra, Webfleet and our Insurers.
* General maintenance and repairs at our two neighbouring sites on Round Spinney Ind Estate.
* Responding to emergency and urgent repairs as they arise.
* Maintaining health and safety standards throughout the sites and vehicle fleet.
* Managing tenders, contractors and tradesman and monitoring their standard of work;
* Including but not limited to Site Maintenance, hygiene and general landscaping;
* Liaising with security & surveillance companies to ensure sites are kept fully secure;
* Responsible for the “in house” installation department/teams (x2 admin staff & x8 installers)
* Working closely with all departments/managers/suppliers to meet the needs of the business.
The successful applicant will:
* Preferably have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role;
* Managing a small team of people.
* Knowledge of dealing with repair tenders & common trades;
* Legal Compliance – Aware of the latest health & safety & fire legislation.
* Monitoring capital & maintenance expenditure: including tenders, reviewing, cost saving recommendations and seeking approval from senior management.
* have effective problem-solving abilities;
* be self-motivated;
* have good verbal and written communication skills;
* be organised and able to multi-task and prioritise;
* have good man management skills;
* have good health and safety knowledge;
* will have to respond to emergency situations out of hours (from time to time) so access to a car is essential.
* a friendly nature;
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.