Jobs Near Me
J. Murphy & Sons Limited is a leading global, specialist engineering and construction company founded in 1951 that improves lives by delivering world-class infrastructure.
Operating in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, we provide better engineered solutions to infrastructure sectors including Transportation, Water, Power, Natural Resources, and Construction & Property.
Headquartered in London, we also have a number of related businesses – Ground Engineering; Utility Connections; Murphy Plant; Urban Infrastructure; Murphy Process Engineering; Pipeline Testing Services; Specialist Welding Services; and Electrical Services. We are specialists in delivering pipelines; design; marine; structural steel; tunnelling; fabrication; bridges and piling; and invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant; equipment and facilities.
Murphy employs around 3,500 engineers, professional managers and skilled operatives around the world. Together, we work as ‘One Murphy’ by directly delivering the people, plant and expertise needed to make projects a success.
There’s more to Murphy.
Senior Project Manager – CP6 Enhancements – Chelmsford
Are you a Senior Project Manager looking for your next challenge working for a leading contractor ranked as a ‘Top 5 Best Big Company to Work for in the UK’ with a robust order book of £2.2bn? If so then get in touch! Murphy Group is looking to recruit a commercially astute Senior Project Manager to lead and be accountable for CP6 Enhancements portfolio of works, as the Senior Project Manager you will ensure the scope of works are delivered in a safe manner, on time, to the high-quality standards, meeting the acceptance criteria and achieving the expected financial outcomes.
What you will be doing
* To plan and deliver work banks within the CP6 Enhancements portfolio, ensuring work is completed on time and to the agreed standard.
* Sets the overall standard on the project/contract.
* To ensure contract programmes are planned, reviewed and delivered.
* Build and develop the wider operational team to deliver all aspects of the project/contract requirements.
* Will interact with the wider organisation to channel resources when required.
* Line management of Site Managers, Assistant Site Managers and Section Managers.
* Responsible for effective client relationship management, collaborative approach and providing updates to internal and external stakeholders on project/contract progress.
* Ensure risk assessments are created, in place and reviewed as and when required.
* Ensures operating plans are in place to ensure sufficient resources and materials are in place.
* Will be expected to resolve most operational issues with any business critical or strategic issues referred to the Project Director.
* Communicates developments and significant decisions in the wider business.
Responsible for all commercial activities associated with the project including the delivery of the agreed gross margin, management of cost control and other key commercial and financial metrics.
Who we are looking for
* Proven experience of working on complex multi-discipline Enhancement projects, delivering within challenging programme and cost controls
* Detailed knowledge of rail systems and understanding of the interfaces between engineering disciplines.
* Excellent stakeholder management skills, able to develop close working relationships with clients and subcontractors.
* Clear understanding of Principal Designer and Principal Contractor duties under CDM 2015 and their application.
* Professionally qualified construction representative – member of a professional body.
* Experience in integration of major Enhancement programmes.
* A true leader with passion for people development, can do attitude and a flare for innovation