Jobs Near Me
Business Need / Purpose of Role:
From within the Group Technical Engineering Team, reporting to the Senior Principal Engineer, providing technical support for the butterfly valve product. This role includes providing technical support to internal departments such as Sales, Engineering, Production, and R&D, it also includes supporting customers & other Divisions within the organisation.
· To provide technical support to Sales, this includes torque calculation sign off, technical reviews, specification reviews and product ordering support.
· TPaS support – Technical reviews and sign off, supporting Chief Engineer & assisting the service team with repair, upgrades & retrofits.
· Drawing office – provide design & technical support for complex and new designs.
· Production – machining, assembly, and test support.
· R&D – Outline testing requirements, assist in R&D design and testing for the expansion and proving of the product range & new designs.
· Failure analysis & reports.
· Ensure that products and services supplied comply with relevant specifications / requirements.
· Support valve sizing and selection projects and activities.
· Innovate & develop new solutions to problems.
· Ensure engineering compliance is maintained.
· Ensure that excellent customer delivery is met, for both clients and colleagues alike.
· Looking at ways to reduce waste and increase efficiency.
· Making suggestions for changes and improvements and how to implement them.
· Ad-hoc design activities where necessary.
· Show a responsibility and compliance to the Business Management System, including all relevant procedures and work instructions.
· Ensure product output delays are minimised, through effective engineering support to production operations.
· Ensure Severn’s ethos of ‘Repair Intelligence’ is adopted through culture and systems, and that any lessons learned are reported to Group Applications Engineering.
Education and/or Experience:
· Higher National Certificates/Diplomas or equivalent from college; with a minimum of 4 years butterfly valve experience.
· Knowledge of pressure equipment & standards.
· Proven problem-solving skills.
· Proven background in mechanical engineering