Jobs Near Me
Job Title: Qualified Flying Instructor
Location: Stockbridge, Hampshire, GB, SO20 8DY
Compensation: circa £ 60,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF42771
We have an exciting opportunity based here at RAF Middle Wallop. This is a hands-on role reporting directly to the AFG Flight Commander (Flt Comd) and Site Operations Manager (SOM) and indirectly to the Company Chief Pilot. This small team is part of the LAFT2 Contract forming part of our military aviation business unit.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Qualified Flying Instructor to deliver instructional flying duties for Army Flying Grading (AFG) and Airmanship Development Flying Module sorties to selected candidates and students sponsored by HQ Army Air Corps and HQ Watchkeeper Force in accordance with the Tutor Training Manual and Tutor Instructor Guide and associated documents. As a QFI you will deliver ground briefs and flying instruction and all other flying related activities and services required to meet customer expectations and LAFT2 contractual obligations.
What will you be doing?
* Instructional duties – Provide high quality flying and ground instruction.
* Supervisory duties – Oversee the delivery of the daily flying programme as the Duty Instructor (DI) and amend as required in order to ensure that all sorties are delivered in a safe and efficient manner. Complete all duties detailed in the DI Terms of Reference.
* Reports – Complete all post-sortie reports and End of Course reports to the required standard.
* Documentation – Maintain all personal flying and instructional qualifications and documents and ensure revalidation is undertaken in a timely manner. Maintain Company related maintenance qualifications iaw Company procedures.
* Training – Complete and maintain Company and Military required training including Continuation Training requirements (iaw over-arching Military Flying Orders).
* Military Ethos – actively encourage, maintain a culture of military ethos commensurate with AAC and RAF standards, and embrace the customer Student Care Directives.
The experience you'll bring
* Previous Military flying experience with a minimum CFS B1 QFI/QHI category.
* Minimum of Commercial Pilots Licence, Unrestricted Instructor Rating (with Aerobatics) and valid Instrument Rating.
* Completed a Flying Supervisors Course/Flight Authorisers Course.
You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting