Jobs Near Me
Public Relations Executive
GlobalData PLC – Manchester
GlobalData PLC, a rapidly-expanding international data and analytics company, seeks a talented and versatile candidate to join its global PR team based in its Manchester office. The successful applicant will be primarily responsible for editing compelling press releases to support the company’s PR and marketing function across 14 industry sectors, including technology, retail, consumer, pharma and financial services.
To be considered for this role, you must be a confident self-starter who can organise, prioritise and lead the delivery of your workload to meet the demands of a busy PR department. You should enjoy writing and editing, have an aptitude for identifying key messages and information, and the capability to summarise copy content in a PR-friendly way. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing and communication skills, as well as the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels. Dealing with media enquiries in a timely professional manner is also important.
* Editing, writing and distributing high-quality press releases to gain coverage in top global media outlets such as BBC News online, The Guardian and The New York Times
* Working closely with GlobalData’s in-house research and analysis (R&A) teams to produce effective, targeted press releases that will gain maximum exposure and media coverage
* Populating the media centre on the company’s website
* Support the handling of external PR enquiries
* Contribute to and support the company’s PR Training Academy activities
* Tracking, monitoring and reporting on the status of company PR activities including PR production and PR press coverage.
* Populating social media channels such as Twitter and LinkedIn with PR content
* Educated to degree-level
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
* Ability to use Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel spreadsheets
* Ability to work as part of a team and liaise effectively with other internal departments
* Demonstrable interest and passion to develop a career in PR
* Some experience of working in content marketing, PR or the media would be desirable
* Some experience with WordPress (desirable, not essential)
This is an excellent role for someone looking to start their career in Public Relations
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.