Jobs Near Me
POS Representative/Crane Controller
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
Story Plant Ltd is recruiting a fixed term/part time POS Representative/Crane Controller, based at its Normanton, West Yorkshire office. We are a forward thinking, award winning and dynamic Plant Hire business with an enviable reputation for growth, customer service and innovation. We have an extensive fleet of Plant machinery for undertaking the most complex projects and for hire anywhere in the country. Our Road Rail Vehicles (RRVs) and attachments are some of the most innovative and up to date that you will find on the infrastructure.
Reporting to the Senior POS Planner, you will be required to ensure OTP activities are carried out in a compliant manner in line with the work plan and to enable internal and external clients to carry out on track plant operations on the Network Rail Managed Infrastructure.
The role will work closely with customers and the Story POS team. You will be responsible for ensuring a safe system of work is in place and the maintenance of exclusion zones. All work will be in accordance with relevant codes of practice and sentinel rules.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Confirming the correct plant and attachments are available
* Establishing which colleagues are accommodated within the OTP plan and briefing them
* Ensuring documented access arrangements are in place and are compliant
* Carrying out Sentinel card checks on all applicable staff
* Ensuring operators carry out required pre-use checks on plant and equipment and that all activities are carried out in line with current best practice
You will use your organisational skills to manage in this customer and safety focused environment. Self-motivated, practical, and commercially aware you will have the chance to thrive in an innovative and spirited environment where continuous improvements to business efficiencies are recognised and rewarded.
You must have:
* Experience of working in a Rail environment
* PTS certification
* Excellent attention to detail
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Experience of OTP operations
* The ability to positively influence in an appropriate manner
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, enthusiastic and pro-active POS Rep/CC to play a key part in a successful “values” driven business which is growing. In return you will work in a team that encourages and supports each other to succeed.
At Story Plant, we invest in our people. We provide award-winning training and development opportunities for all employees to help you get to where you want to be in your career.
We offer an excellent working environment along with Company pension, health cash plan, national retail discounts and access to our cycle to work scheme.
We care about our communities too and offer our employees two paid days for volunteering days each year to spend as a team or individually.
If this sounds like the role for you, click Apply Now