Jobs Near Me
£41,612.50 per annum
You'll be contracted to work 45 hours a week on a rotating shift pattern.
Your shifts will fall between Sunday-Thursday: 9.00pm-6.00am, Monday-Friday: 1.00pm-10.00pm, and Sunday-Thursday/Tuesday-Saturday: 6.00am-3.00pm.
Please note – 12 hour shifts working 4 days are likely to be introduced in the near future.
What you'll do
Our food manufacturing/production sites use automated and semi-automated lines to produce great products as efficiently as possible. Your time will be split between developing engineering improvements to an ever-changing environment and reacting to problems on a daily basis. Finding solutions to breakdowns quickly and effectively, comfortably engaging with the site teams to monitor plant performance and equipment reliability, all in line with our policies and procedures, are all important parts of this key role.
You will work to safely maintain and improve the performance of production facilities, equipment and services, delivering maintenance excellence in a planned preventive way. You’ll work collaboratively within and across the site teams, including with the Maintenance Manager, Team Members and other departments.
You'll fit right in at Greggs as a Maintenance Engineer if:
* You’ve got a multi-skilled manufacturing background, ideally within the food or FMCG sectors.
* You’re electrically biased in terms of skills and experience. (Ideally, you’ll hold an electrically biased qualification – but don’t worry if not!)
* You know what you’re talking about when it comes to PLC automated control systems, processes, fault-finding and analysis. (Particularly Siemens operating systems Step 5/7/ Allen Bradley/ Mitsubishi). We are looking for someone with the ability to interpret and interrogate information, trends and data.
* You’re experienced with Microsoft 360 packages and are familiar with CMMS (or other) and working with SAP systems.
* You’re experienced in the application and use of lean tools & techniques, 5S, 5WHY, Fishbone and Breakdown analysis.
* You’re comfortable communicating with a wide variety of people, and you’re as at home chatting to your colleagues on the shop floor as you are writing engineering management documentation.
* You can show us that you’re able to comply with Health and Safety and Food Safety standards, which are very important us here at Greggs.
* You are self-motivated with the initiative to manage own workload.
* Exposure and experience of BRC Food safety and hygiene standards and disciplines would be great.
What we can offer
As well as a non-stop working environment, and a rewarding feeling of accomplishment and teamwork, we have a whole range of perks that you can take advantage of:
* Career progression and brilliant training programmes
* Employee Staff Discount up to 50% off our food
* Holiday entitlement starting at 4.2 weeks and increasing with service, plus bank holidays (Pro-rata for part-time)
* Profit share scheme (after 6 months service)
* Plus, much more!
Read all about our fantastic benefits by clicking here.
We love to see our people flourish and go as far as they want to with their careers with Greggs. So, if you want to progress further in your career with Greggs, we’ll support you every step of the way.
Here at Greggs, we love what we do and we have fun! What makes Greggs so special is our culture – the way we are, the way we behave and the way we support each other. We're hard-working, but above all else we're family; and it doesn't matter who you are, where you're from or what your favourite bake is, we’d love you to join us! We want everyone to feel welcome at Greggs and our colleagues to be able to be themselves at work, whatever their background, preferences, or views