Jobs Near Me
Avanti Recruitment are currently working with a global corporation who specialize in the Oil and Gas industry. The company is based in Oxford and are currently looking for a hands on Java Team Lead.
Your key responsibilities will include:
– Leading the team to deliver new products, features and fixtures using Agile Scrum
– Acting as a first point of escalation to ensure impediment are removed and the team maintains development speed and achieve committed spring goals
– You will have team management responsibilities including day to day and career development for team members
– You will be hands on and will be expected to play an active role in the development work as well as maintaining up to date knowledge of existing and emerging technologies.
– Working closely with the Product Owner and Scrum master as well as Developers
This role reports into the Delivery Manager, you will be working with a team of highly skilled, knowledgeable developers with good educational backgrounds. The company are looking for someone who is innovative and looking to grow and lead.
The technology stack is a Java Microservices architecture, E.G. – Springboot built with Gradle using Jenkins and deployed on to Kubernetes using Helm on AWS and Azure. They also use things such as Machine Learning, Python, Angular 7, Tensorflow.
You will find yourself working in an Agile environment working on Greenfield projects. You will be leading a team of 8 people and will have a 50/50 split between hands on and hands off. You will be involved in working across the full SDLC. You’ll add new features when requires as well as getting exposure to other languages and technologies such as Angular, Machine learning and Python.
* Previous team leader experience
* Excellent hands on development with Java
* Cloud exposure (AWS/Azure)
* Continuous integration (Jenkins ideally)
* Machine Learning
* Angular 7
* Experience of Oil and Gas
* Agile Scrum Certification
* Degree in Computer Science
This is a remote position and the salary on offer is up to £93,000 + 25 Days holiday + Healthcare and Life Insurance.
If this role is of interest then click Apply Now! Or contact Paul at Avanti Recruitment
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.