Jobs Near Me
Group HR Administrator
Reports to: Group HR Manager
Works with: Other departments as required
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.00am –17.00pm(one unpaid hour for lunch)
Group HR Administrator Main Purpose
Providing HR administrative support across the Group.
Main duties and responsibilities:-The duties and responsibilities of this job description are not exhaustive. There are a broad range of activities the Group HR Administrator will undertake in supporting the Group HR Manager and HR function. The role includes but is not limited to the following:-
• Liaise with agencies as needed
• Organise candidate interviews when required
• Respond to recruitment enquiries, and ensuring speculative CV’s are destroyed annually and accordingly in line with our recruitment policy.
New Joiner Administration:-
• Issuing offer letters & contracts.
• Manage the return of Right to Work documentation for all new joiners, prior to commencing employment with the Group.
• Applying for references.
• Apply for DBS checks when required.
• Sending out joining instructions to new starters.
• Responsible for the creation of induction packs, and inducting staff accordingly across the group, visiting various sites accordingly when required
• Liaise accordingly with IT to set up new joiner starter forms. Maintain and update the HR excel database/spreadsheet, and office contact sheet.
• Ensuring that all signed induction documentation is returned and filed accordingly.
• Liaising with various departments with appropriate new joiner information(payroll, training etc).
• Ordering PPE.
• Monitoring probation periods for the Group, and advising Managers when midpoint probation reviews are due
• Acknowledge resignations and sendout leaving procedures.
• Liaise accordingly with IT department to remove IT access.
• Conduct Exit interviews for Site Personnel. Archiving leavers files accordingly.
• Work with the Group HR Manager and Group Training & Development Coordinator to rollout and manage soft skills training for the group.
• Processing maternity and paternity correspondence/documentation.
• Sickness Absence administration and ongoing monitoring of long term sickness absence.
• Holiday request administration.
• Display Screen Equipment work station assessments for new office based staff and internal moves.
• Manage reception cover rota for lunch times, holiday and sickness.
• Assist with the implementation and development of HR systems(Sharepoint & imminent HRIS).
• Assist with ad hoc HR projects as directed by the Group HR Manager.
Group HR Administrator Person specification/Requirements
• 5 GCSE’s / GCE including Maths and English
• Experience of working within a similar environment as an HR Administrator.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, Power point, and Word.
• Strong working knowledge of HR Information Systems.
• Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality.
• Work well in a team and be able to prioritise tasks.
• Must be able to drive and have own transport.
• Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and multitask.
• Approachable, and reliable.
• Able to use initiative when required.
• Be self-motivated and enthusiastic.
• Excellent communication/peoples kills.
• Strong team working skills.
• Willing to be flexible to business needs.
• CIPD Foundation certificate.
• Someone who wants to progress a career within Human Resources.
• Knowledge of the construction industry.
• Have an understanding of GDPR and how it relates to HR services work