Jobs Near Me
Job: Field Service Engineer
Pay: £38,318.00 Per Annum
Shift: Monday to Friday
We are actively seeking permanent, fully skilled and experienced Field Service Engineers / PSV Technicians / Bus Technicians / HGV Technicians in and around the Thurrock area.
You will have at least 3 years’ experience as a Heavy Vehicle Engineer / HGV Mechanic / PSV Technician and hold a recognised qualification (NVQ / City & Guilds / Full Apprenticeship).
* Full driving licence
* Minimum City & Guilds level 3 vehicle maintenance or equivalent
* Excellent electrical and computer based diagnostic skills
* Experience of working on EV or Hybrid buses
* Able to work on own initiative and unsupervised
* Able to follow verbal and written work instructions
* All aspects of PSV maintenance, inspection, fault diagnostics and repairs at customers premises and if required, at Thurrock service centre. Utilising the latest available technical guides and documentation to effect cost effective and efficient repairs.
* To liaise with customer, Switch call centre and parts staff to report defects, order required spares, to enable job completion in a timely fashion. Complete legible and accurate job write ups and reports, obtaining authorisation and signature from suitably authorised depot staff once work is completed and prior to leaving site.
* To scan fully completed job cards to Thurrock service centre for processing on the day of completion or as soon as possible thereafter.
* To actively partake in product training as and when required.
* To always observe health and safety, being aware of surroundings and local engineering requirements.
* Assist customer when required, with servicing / repairs to improve their product knowledge.
This position pays a basic selery of £38,318.00 per annum.
If you would like to apply for this position, please respond to this advert by sending an up-to-date CV to the automotive team or contact Matthew, Yiannis or David at Caledonian Automotive Recruitment