Jobs Near Me
Taylor Woodrow is the civil engineering division of VINCI Construction UK which forms part of VINCI, a world leader in concessions and construction.
Our Taylor Woodrow brand draws on the heritage of a company founded in 1921, whilst our part in VINCI Construction UK enables us to draw on the strength and unity of a diverse range of business streams all working together.
We are a leading player in the civil engineering and infrastructure sector, delivering world class infrastructure projects such as the iconic King’s Cross Western Concourse.
Working across the rail, highways and energy sectors, we have a customer-focused approach and thrive on applying our expertise to deliver complex, multi-disciplinary, engineering-led projects.
Taylor Woodrow is recruiting for an Environmental Advisor to work on the construction of a 190,000m3 liquified natural gas (LNG) tank as part of a programme to expand the capacity of what is the largest LNG terminal in Europe.
* Maintain systems to review and monitor compliance with BS EN ISO 14001 and other company/divisional standards.
* Manage and oversee monitoring equipment, collect, process and interpret data (e.g. water, dust, noise, waste)
* Carry out Environmental Site inspections, highlighting any good and bad practice to the relevant teams and Senior Management
* Ensure that the Project Environmental Management System is operating accurately on site through a program of checking and auditing.
* Record and report all incidents to all relevant parties and instigate any corrective actions required.
* Prepare monthly environmental reports for the project, including completion of company/client and divisional reporting systems data systems
* Regularly report progress (including achievements) against environmental compliance, and environmental targets to the whole team
* Develop robust and comprehensive mitigation measures to deal with environmental risks, working collaboratively with the production team
* Produce, review and update the Project Environmental Management Plan – EMP (and associated plans) on a regular basis
* Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and client representatives to ensure collaborative working relationships
* Previous experience gained as an Environmental Advisor within the construction industry
* Knowledge of construction methods, trades, plant, equipment, and practices, and, in particular the environmental impact associated with each.
* Previous site experience is desirable
* Awareness of all current and future environmental legislation and a working knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation is essential