Jobs Near Me
We’re experts in providing vehicle finance for customers who struggle to get approval from mainstream banks and lenders. Our focus on being a responsible lender has supported our growth and we are now one of the UK’s largest lenders of specialist car, van, and motorbike finance.
We are part of PFG, a leading specialist bank for the millions of people in the UK who are not well served by mainstream lenders. Our purpose is to help put people on a path to a better everyday life with our clear and responsible approach to lending; an approach built on over 141 years of experience.
PFG is a unified group made up of three brands: Vanquis (cards and loans), Moneybarn (vehicle finance) and Sunflower (loans). While they all offer different products and services, they each share the common purpose and customer-centric values at the heart of our group. We understand our customers are real people with varied life experiences, so everything we do from our products to our customer experience is designed with this in mind.
What’s the Opportunity?
The Customer Collections Assistant (known internally as our Asset Collection Agent) will be providing post termination support to customers where assets need to be returned. This role will involve you working closely with our Contact Centre, New Business, Complaints and Legal Services team. As a Customer Collections Assistant you will be a key contact for our customer (both voice and non), therefore ideally looking for someone that can show kindness, patience, and compassion for our customers.
The Asset Collection team have adopted a hybrid working approach, this role will require the ideal candidate to be in the office at least once a week.
Key responsibilities of Customer Collections Assistant:
* Working with our customers to ensure they are aware of the process to return assets to Moneybarn, gaining customer consent where possible to make an efficient and streamlined process through from collection to sale.
* Provide customers with information regarding their post termination options so that they can make fully informed choices.
* Fact find based on customer’s individual circumstances to see whether other options may be available for the customer, such as Consent Order or Time Order.
* Conduct Income and Expenditure assessments where appropriate.
* Prepare accounts for referral to Legal Services for Consent Orders.
* Manage any customer call backs requested whilst accounts are assigned to Recovery Agents.
* Work closely with the wider Asset Management team to facilitate a quick and easy recovery of the asset.
* Assist the Asset Management Agents with administrative duties where appropriate.
* Be vulnerability champions for the Asset Management area, making referrals to the Vulnerable Customer Team where appropriate.
* Agree and set up payment plans on post termination accounts where the asset has been returned and it is appropriate and affordable for customers to do so.
* Absolute compliance with TCF principles and FCA regulations
* Dealing with other asset related day to day tasks (Half Rule, Right of Withdrawal, Insurance Write-offs, deceased customers, Innocent Purchasers, Crush-watch Scheme, HPI management)
* Adhere to the FCA Conduct rules
What will it take to be a successful Customer Collections Assistant:
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Confident in overcoming customer objections and having difficult conversations.
* Able to gather facts, ask appropriate questions and evaluate the information provided to ensure a fair outcome for the customer.
* High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
* Comfortable working to targets.
* Resilience and determined.
* Confident in making decisions.
* Ability to manage high volume, repetitive tasks.
* Excellent administration skills
* Be driven to achieve daily, weekly, and monthly targets.
* Experience of a regulated environment following process and procedure.
* Competent with Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel)
We understand that a reliable car, van, or motorbike is more than just a vehicle. We have a passion for getting our customers where they want to be. It’s this approach that has won us multiple awards, which most recently includes, Sub-Prime Lender of the Year’ and ‘Independent Finance Provider of the Year’ at the Motor Finance Europe Awards 2021, ‘Specialist Lender of the Year’ and ‘Vehicle Finance Provider of the Year’ at the National Credit Awards 2021, and the Feefo Platinum Award 2021.
We’re passionate about our colleagues and invest in professional development, offer flexible working, and provide a variety of tools to support wellbeing. Our colleague forums run regularly which allows everyone to have their say in an environment that offers no judgement. We’re also incredibly proud to have won the Company Culture Lotus Award for several years running.
Our Executive Team are constantly improving the way we look after our people and have created an environment where everyone feels valued and can be themselves.
· Competitive salary of £21,000
· Discretionary annual bonus
· Up to 30 days holiday in addition to bank holidays
· Pension scheme with matched contributions up to 5%
· Colleague Perks at Work discount platform
· Onsite Gym
· Season Ticket Loan
· Opportunity to grow, develop and learn
· 1 paid day to ‘give back’ to local communities or chosen charity
· Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay schemes
We strive to constantly improve the way we look after our people and have created an environment where everyone feels valued and can be themselves. We know that by having a better, more inclusive culture and a diverse group of colleagues, we can support our customers and each other in the best way possible. We also believe this goes a long way to helping us live our purpose and defines why we’re here in the first place: to help put people on a path to a better everyday life.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and we want people to join us no matter how they identify, their sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, or age.
We want to attract and retain the best people. So, we make sure that, if people need it, they’re given all the extra support and reasonable adjustments to take part in any part of our application or interview process. We’ve also got lots of colleagues who choose to work flexibly, so please feel free to talk to us about how you prefer to work at any time.
So why not apply to join Team Moneybarn today?
We will keep your CV on our records for 12 months after your application. For more information about how we collect, use, and share your personal data when you apply for a role with us, please see our Applicant Privacy Notice available here.
We will carry out full financial checks and Criminal Record Bureau checks as part of the recruitment process for all roles