Jobs Near Me
Control Engineer – West Yorkshire – Permanent – £28-40k Depending on Experience + overtime when on site + 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
Samuel Frank is recruiting for a Control Engineer for a local company based on the outskirts of Leeds. The role requires some knowledge of PLCs (Function Blocks) and ideally Siemens TIA Portal knowledge, as well as some electrical design experience using a package such as AutoCAD.
The company operates in a niche market and have a successful track record of designing and building bespoke, one-off pieces of equipment for their customers.
Key aspects of the Control Engineer opportunity include;
* Be able to produce compliant and efficient PLC software and design electrical control drawings
* Ideally have Siemens PLC experience – if you’ve written code with Function Blocks using other manufacturers, that could also work
* Any “hand on” experience would be useful – so if you’ve had any testing/trouble shooting experience, then great!
* Role could suit someone who has qualified, then gained 2-3 years experience up to someone who is an experienced Engineer who covers most of the requirements – and anyone in between.
* The role will be split roughly 80/20 between the office and out on customer sites
* Overtime will be paid at single time for hours worked over when working on site
* More experienced applicants might have experience of component selection and procurement or maybe has been involved in putting quotes together before in the past
The working hours are 8.30am – 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am – 4.30pm on Fridays, when you’re not out on site, you’ll be working either in the office or on the shopfloor.
If you’re interested in working for a local, specialist engineering company where you’ll be designing and developing control systems for one-off, bespoke pieces of equipment then apply today!
The Control Engineer role is commutable from the following places Leeds, Bradford, Harrogate, Wetherby, Keighley, Guiseley and Farsley