Jobs Near Me
We’re experts in providing vehicle finance for customers who struggle to get approval from mainstream banks and lenders. Our focus on being a responsible lender has supported our growth and we are now one of the UK’s largest lenders of specialist car, van, and motorbike finance.
We are part of PFG, a leading specialist bank for the millions of people in the UK who are not well served by mainstream lenders. Our purpose is to help put people on a path to a better everyday life with our clear and responsible approach to lending; an approach built on over 141 years of experience.
PFG is a unified group made up of three brands: Vanquis (cards and loans), Moneybarn (vehicle finance) and Sunflower (loans). While they all offer different products and services, they each share the common purpose and customer-centric values at the heart of our group. We understand our customers are real people with varied life experiences, so everything we do from our products to our customer experience is designed with this in mind.
What’s the opportunity?
We are looking for a Collections Advisor (known internally as a Post Terminations Collections Agent) to join our established terminations team here at Moneybarn.
The Collections Advisor will need to be empathetic, results-orientated and have a keen eye for detail. You will be providing the highest quality of assistance to support our customers, contacting them via phone, letter, email and SMS.
Due to the nature of this role, the ideal candidate will be predominately office based.
Key Responsibilities of Collections Advisor
* Collecting payment of any shortfall balance as well as agreeing sustainable and affordable payment plans in line with any appropriate Court Order.
* Management and review of existing payment plans to ensure performance and affordability.
* Negotiation of settlements in line with authorised mandates
* Taking card payments and promoting use of Direct Debit payments
* Recognition, recording and escalation of any complaints received on customer accounts
* Accurate note recording on customer accounts when contact is established
* Recognition, recording and management of any post termination vulnerable customer accounts
* Reviewing accounts and where necessary referring to Legal Services or Asset Management for appropriate enforcement or vehicle recovery.
* General debt sale and servicing administration including third party contact with DCA’s where appropriate
* Other departmental work as required, including cross team working across the post termination department
* Providing a high level of customer service at all times and ensuring customers are treated fairly in line with the TCF principles
* Adherence to the FCA Conduct Rules
What will it take to be a successful Collections Advisor:
* Be able to work in a fast-paced, target-driven and telephone collections environment
* Be happy to work as part of a professional team
* Be able to remain calm under pressure
* Be driven to achieve daily, weekly and monthly targets
* Be reliable, self-motivated, enthusiastic and possess strong communication and negotiating skills
* Be able to work flexible hours (including evenings and some weekends)
* Must be organised and flexible to respond to various task requests efficiently and without losing focus
* Be able to prioritise workload dependent on the requirements of the business at any one time
* Must have high levels of energy and enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
* Previous customer collections experience in a consumer credit environment is preferable, but not essential (full training will be given)
We understand that a reliable car, van, or motorbike is more than just a vehicle. We have a passion for getting our customers where they want to be. It’s this approach that has won us multiple awards, which most recently includes, Sub-Prime Lender of the Year’ and ‘Independent Finance Provider of the Year’ at the Motor Finance Europe Awards 2021, ‘Specialist Lender of the Year’ and ‘Vehicle Finance Provider of the Year’ at the National Credit Awards 2021, and the Feefo Platinum Award 2021.
We’re passionate about our colleagues and invest in professional development, offer flexible working, and provide a variety of tools to support wellbeing. Our colleague forums run regularly which allows everyone to have their say in an environment that offers no judgement. We’re also incredibly proud to have won the Company Culture Lotus Award for several years running.
Our Executive Team are constantly improving the way we look after our people and have created an environment where everyone feels valued and can be themselves.
· Competitive salary of £22,000
· Discretionary annual bonus
· Up to 30 days holiday in addition to bank holidays
· Pension scheme with matched contributions up to 5%
· Colleague Perks at Work discount platform
· Onsite Gym
· Season Ticket Loan
· Opportunity to grow, develop and learn
· 1 paid day to ‘give back’ to local communities or chosen charity
· Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay schemes
We strive to constantly improve the way we look after our people and have created an environment where everyone feels valued and can be themselves. We know that by having a better, more inclusive culture and a diverse group of colleagues, we can support our customers and each other in the best way possible. We also believe this goes a long way to helping us live our purpose and defines why we’re here in the first place: to help put people on a path to a better everyday life.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and we want people to join us no matter how they identify, their sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, or age.
We want to attract and retain the best people. So, we make sure that, if people need it, they’re given all the extra support and reasonable adjustments to take part in any part of our application or interview process. We’ve also got lots of colleagues who choose to work flexibly, so please feel free to talk to us about how you prefer to work at any time.
So why not apply to join Team Moneybarn today?
We will keep your CV on our records for 12 months after your application. For more information about how we collect, use, and share your personal data when you apply for a role with us, please see our Applicant Privacy Notice available here.
We will carry out full financial checks and Criminal Record Bureau checks as part of the recruitment process for all roles