Jobs Near Me
Please note, this is a temporary role offering ‘as and when’ day shifts within a Children’s Residential Home offering short stay emergency placements to children and young people up to the age of 18 with autistic spectrum disorders, and physical and learning disabilities. We may require cover for a range of shifts including weekends and Bank Holidays.
Due to the nature of the role and to meet Ofsted regulations around the minimum age to work with children up to 18 years old, you must be at least 23 to apply for this role.
Working alongside the permanent staff team, you will support the care and development of the children and young people in the home, using your skills, life experiences and understanding to empower the children and young people to achieve their full potential.
You will work directly with children/young people and ensure the delivery of good quality care, undertaking a range of personal care tasks and providing information and completing records as required.
You will have an ability/willingness to understand and manage challenging behaviour including aggression and violence using a range of de-escalation techniques, using physical intervention as a last resort.
Essex County Council is committed to protecting all children from abuse/harm and you must understand your responsibilities within our safeguarding and child protection procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
· Experience of working with children/ young people in a paid or voluntary capacity; or in residential care with other service users.
· An understanding of your responsibility to protect children from abuse/harm.
· The ability to encourage young people to develop and maintain a positive sense of identity.
· A willingness to develop knowledge about/ experience in a range of direct working practices with children and young people with disabilities.
· The ability/willingness to understand and manage challenging behaviour including aggression and violence using a range of de-escalation techniques, using physical intervention as a last resort.
· A basic understanding of child development and the ability to promote children’s equality, diversity, and rights.
The shift patterns for this role cover Monday to Sunday 6.45 am – 9.30 pm including bank holidays.
Your agency will be required to undertake comprehensive checks including your full employment history since leaving full-time education (with any employment gaps of 4 weeks or more being explained), reference checks and an enhanced DBS check.
You are required to undertake certain mandatory training for this role which will be provided by your agency