Jobs Near Me
Assistant Cook in Leeds, LS18 – Term Time Only
Aspens Services is an established and successful school contract caterer, providing meals to children in schools up and down the country. We are currently looking for a Assistant Cook to join our team at one of our schools in Leeds. Please read on to see details of this position.
– Monday to Friday
– 30 hours per week
– 39 weeks per year based around term time
– 4.2 weeks holiday entitlement
– £10.00 per hour
– Based in a school in Leeds, LS18
Assistant Cook Responsibilities
– Preparation of the menu, using the recipes provided
– Food ordering and stock taking
– Food Hygiene, Allergen and Health and Safety compliance
– Production of Hospitality as per client requests
– Supervision of the team
– Building relationships with client and customers
– Friendly and polite customer service
– Experience of working as a cook using fresh ingredients, with excellent craft skills
– Food hygiene level 2 & 3 (further training will be available)
– Knowledge of health and safety practices
– Basic financial understand of gross profit management
– Computer literate
– Experience of working with in schools preferred
– Self-motivated, using your own initiative, desire to learn and achieve. Ability to motivate others
Aspens Services Ltd are an independent school contract catering company who are regularly on the lookout for Catering Managers, Chef Managers and Chefs.
As a company, we are seeking candidates who have a passion for serving high quality, freshly cooked meals from locally sourced ingredients every day.
Apply now and come to work for one of the top 100 fastest growing independent companies in the UK with great career opportunities!
We expect all staff to share our commitment of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and an enhanced DBS disclosure will be sought by the company.
Check out the Aspens Services website here to find out more about how we cater within our school catering contracts.